This is my favourite fruit tart. This scrumptious tart combines to perfection the juicy freshness of stewed plums with the flavours of lightly roasted tapered almonds and crusty puff pastry. This is, in my opinion, a nice dessert when you are running out of time and still want to give a treat to your loved ones. It should be served with vanilla ice cream and a glass of Cálem Velhotes Tawny Port.
1 Puff pastry (I use 270g Naturaplan Betty Bossi Bio)
740g plums, stoned (I use quetsche plums: they are the best)
50g light brown sugar
A few slivered almonds (garnish)
1. Roll out the pastry and line the base of your 28cm tart pan. (don’t remove the baking paper)
2. Sprinkle 50g light brown sugar over the base of the tart.
3. Place the plums, cut side up, in neat concentric circles in the tart shell.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 190ºC for about 40 minutes, until the fruit is soft and the crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with few slivered almonds.
5. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.