Pages

Friday, 28 April 2017

Piña Colada

Ingredients for 1 person
4 cl of white rum
2 cl of dark rum
12 cl of pineapple juice
4 cl of coconut milk

• Pour the ingredients into a shaker and add 5 or 6 ice cubes. Shake well and, voilà, It’s ready!
• Pour it into a hurricane glass (a sort of elongated wine glass)
• Decorate with a piece of pineapple and a candied cherry

History of “Piña Colada”
The Piña Colada was invented on August 15, 1954 by “Don Ramon Marrero” (alias Monchito), a barman of the Hilton hotel in San Juan (Puerto Rico). His goal was to combine all the flavours of Puerto Rico in one drink, with a special emphasis on fresh pineapple juice from the Puerto Rico farms.

After more than 3 months of trials, dosages, and many mixtures, “Don Ramon” perfected the recipe for Piña Colada (which means “pressed pineapple”), that he served to many residents of the hotel, such as John Wayne...

He served this cocktail for thirty-five years as a bartender at Caribe Sol, and was consecrated in 1978 when a coconut cream maker from Puerto Rico, sold the 3 millionth Piña Colada. That same day he was honoured and the government declared the Piña Colada national drink of Puerto Rico.

36 comments:

  1. I love the photos - so colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Como sou abstémio, passo.
    Bfds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahou!! Un véritable régal pour les papilles! Ce cocktail fruité est parfait pour une soirée entre amis. Gros bisous et bon weekend <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolument! En plus il est étonnamment léger.
      Bises et bon weekend à toi aussi :)

      Delete
  4. Looks good! I was pleasantly surprised when I tried one - I was sceptical about the coconut milk, but the fruitiness cuts through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think this is a refreshing and not too strong cocktail :)

      Delete
  5. A nice cocktail to kick off the weekend! I love your self-made tropical cocktail. I haven't had a Pina Colada for some time now. Enjoy your weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely...nothing better to start the weekend in style...hahaha..

      Delete
  6. Nice way to celebrate the weekend with a tropical cocktail. I love the photos. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely...nothing better to start the weekend in style...hahaha..

      Delete
  7. It has been a very long time since I had one of these. Unfortunately it is 5 AM here and even if I had the ingredients it would be difficult to justify drinking one at the moment :)

    Perhaps I will have one over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is a refreshing and not too strong cocktail. Have a Pina Colada tip top tastic weekend :)

      Delete
  8. Eu não gosto desse tipo de bebida..

    Isabel Sá
    Brilhos da Moda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm impressed by the history of this very "photogenic" drink. Never had one myself, but I'm going to try your recipe just to see what this is all about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love it because it's fruity, pretty and not too strong. Hope you give a Pina Colada try soon :)

      Delete
  10. It looks so delicious. :) Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummi!!

    Brings me back to summer feelings!

    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  12. Voilà un délicieux cocktail que je boirais avec plaisir à l'heure actuelle ! Merci pour cette recette :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci à toi pour ta visite et ton commentaire. Bisous et bon Dimanche :)

      Delete
  13. Uma bebida deliciosa!...
    E com uma apresentação impecável!
    Qualquer dia experimento a fazer em casa...
    Beijinhos! Bom fim de semana
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olá Ana! É super fácil de fazer, deliciosa e refrescante ! Bon Domingo. Beijinhos :)

      Delete
  14. I was happy to learn what pina colada means! Back in my girl singer in a band days, it was one of my favorite drinks. Of course that is when Jimmy Buffet made it famous with his song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy darling, you are full of surprises!!! You always impress me...:)

      Delete
  15. I think he aced it getting the flavours of Puerto Rico in one drink! Nothing speaks Caribbean more than a pina colada.

    ReplyDelete

Hello ladies and gents,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on The Reader's Tales website. I truly appreciate your comments and do my best to respond as soon as possible.